We're always working on the Topcoder Platform in some way or another. Sometimes this involves technical and/or visual changes to the product and user experience, while other times it involves processes changes or small adjustments to existing experiences. Below is a list of updates that have rolled in to the community portion of the platform. We will try to keep this list updated as we release updates, changes, new features, etc.
- Several new experiences were released that reside on our new front end architecture and APIs.
- New challenge details page for both development and design challenges. This has an improved UI and improved spec formatting.
- Challenge registration flow for design and development challenges, including the terms agreement flow.
- Submission/Upload experience for both development and design challenges.
- Submission management page for design page that allows submitters to view and manage their submissions.
- New www.topcoder.com/challenges page that is supported by our modernized front end app and apis. Several bugs are fixed in this one as well.
- Released the new part of the platform to support hybrid and expert communities. For example, blockchain.topcoder.com and topgear.topcoder.com. Many features were included with this, including SSO, new challenge listing features, configurable sub community sites, groups and permissions for sub communities, etc. More details to follow.
- Fixed issue of profile stats not always loading on profile page.
- Conversion of challenge listings page to use new API. This improves overall page performance.
- Misc improvements to challenge listings:
- added message for stalled challenges
- added a placeholder for "upcoming" on the sidebar
- fixed the results link for past challenges
- fixed the leaderboard default image
- fixed a problem where clicking on "view more challenges" didn't update the selection in the sidebar
- Incremental updates to the new challenge listings page.
- Design challenge timelines have been updated. By default, the Registration phase will now end at the same time as Checkpoint Submission. Please always remember to check the timeline on your challenges since in some cases a custom timeline may be set.
- New Challenge Listings experience released. https://www.topcoder.com/challenges/. We'll continue to refine this with the community's help.
- Added upcoming challenges view to new listings page
- Updated top nav to consolidate multiple challenge menu items into a single "All Challenges" item.
- Community Bug Bash III was completed and introduced incremental improvements to the community site.
- Assigned tasks no longer show in the public listing pages.
- Jira is no longer being used for paid tasks. We will be shutting down https://apps.topcoder.com/bugs. All tasks going forward should follow https://help.topcoder.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000362288-Managing-Tasks
- Community Bug Bash II is complete. Full recap here:https://www.topcoder.com/blog/topcoder-website-bug-bash-ii-recap/
- Added View Scorecards and Complete Appeals buttons to the challenge cards in your Dashboard.
- Added View Scorecards and Complete Appeals buttons to the challenge details pages for easy access to those actions when the time is right.
- The link to the challenge forum on the Challenge Details page was shown only to competitors before. We have changed that, and now it is also shown to copilots, observers, reviewers, and to everybody involved in a challenge!
- Fixed the blog feed in the Dashboard (for some time it failed to load).
- Modified the mobile view of active/past challenge listings in your Dashboard. Now it is way easier to scroll through them on your mobile device.
- Also we have done a number of small fixes and technical enhancements which are not visible to you, but will help us to enhance the website further.
- The next release from the productive Community Bug Bash has been delivered, thanks to the Community. This release was targeted at our tc-site repository, which mainly includes challenge listing challenge details user experiences. You can see the full list of fixes and updates here: https://github.com/appirio-tech/tc-site/pull/472
- http://cognitive.topcoder.com/ site launched - New Topcoder Cognitive Community, specializing in cognitive technologies.
- Predix badges added to profiles
- Badges modal on profile improved with better size and close button.
- Fix top menu links for competive-programming and blog
- Fix for displaying copilot badge on profies
- Updated Community Overview page with 2017 CAB
- Member ratings graphs were updated to improve the hover behavior on rated events.
- Studio Reviewer/Screener registration page was updated to remove the self-service signup process. Process is being changed, and managed by the community operations team for now.
- Unregister feature was added to the challenge pages for design and development challenges. This mimics the unregister flow that was previously available via the confirmation email received upon registering for a challenge and also the feature available in Online Review.
- Responsive design for www.topcoder.com part 2 released. This completes the responsive implementation for the marketing site. Tablet compatibility is coming next.
- Challenge Terms are now persistent in the sidebar on challenge pages.
- TCO 17 site launched (https://tco17.topcoder.com)
- Updates to Review Assignment application and UI to support review process improvements. Review "auction" features where removed from the reviewer registration flows. Help pages have been updated as well.
- Responsive design for www.topcoder.com part 1 released. Includes responsive design for core pages on the marketing site.
- TCO Challenges are labeled with a TCO flag on the challenge listings pages.
- Improvements to member profile pages - better rating graphs.
- www.topcoder.com marketing site released - brand new site with content, offerings, conversion pages etc.
- accounts.topcoder.com centralized identity page released for community portion of the platform. Includes login, registration, and password reset.
- Design Submission Upgrade - improved backend, notifications, and stability
- New Topcoder homepage released.
- Github Chrome Extension for Topcoder challenge creation from Github issues (includes supporting API's) released
- Payment Provider upgrades - upgrade of platform to handle security changes from Payoneer and Paypal.
- Design Submission Upgrade for member submission process. New UI as well as backend for more robust submission uploading and processing of design challenge submissions. Includes support for uploads from cloud providers like Google Drive.
- New member search - allows users to search Topcoder members and skills within the community.